Celebrating holidays with friends and family can be fun, and the Fourth of July is no exception. Here are seven tips pregnant women should remember as they celebrate:
- Don’t stuff yourself with food. Remember, digestion slows down during pregnancy.
- Do not swim in fresh water to avoid parasites
- Drink plenty of fluids and come in from the hot sun if you feel dizzy or short of breath5. Avoid inhaling smoke from a grill
- 7. Enjoy your day with friends and family. When your happy, your unborn baby is happy too!
- 6. Avoid direct exposure to loud fireworks. Sound travels through your body and reach your baby. According to CDC, exposure to loud noises could potentially damage your unborn baby’s hearing.
- 4. Make certain all grilled food is well cooked before eating.
Follow Dr. Linda on Facebook | Order your copy of The Smart Mother’s Guide to a Better Pregnancy: How to Minimize Risks, Avoid Complications, and Have a Healthy Baby | Dr. Linda is a board certified Ob/Gyn and an expert in the area of pre-eclampsia and high-risk pregnancies. Contact Dr. Linda about an appearance at your next event or media placement opportunities.
Copyright thesmartmothersguide.com. Duplicating this content in entirety without written permission is expressly forbidden.
No comment yet, add your voice below!